HCG FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) With Pofessional Answers For HCG Diet Drops And All Things HCG!
- What is HCG?
- Are there any side effects with using HCG?
- How can I only survive on 500 calories a day?
- How much weight can I expect to lose using HCG?
- How much HCG drops should I take?
- Does the HCG drops need to be refrigerated?
- What do I do if I reach a plateau with my weight loss during the HCG Diet ?
- What can I do to ensure that I lose a pound a day or more while taking HCG?
- What do I do if I have constipation?
- What do I do when I have my period?
- Do I need to exercise?
- How does hCG work?
- Can I drink any alcohol while on the HCG diet?
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, HCG for short. HCG is a hormone present in both men and women, but mostly produced in great amounts in the female placenta during a normal pregnancy.
There are no side effects associated with HCG. Very few experience slight headaches or dizziness for the first few days but this is extremely rare and mild. HCG has been used for weight loss for 50+ years, so there is plenty of evidence to back up its safety.
HCG releases 1500 to 4000 calories (from your stored fat) with the additional 500 calories that you are eating is equal to a 2000 to 4000 calorie diet which is why people do not feel hungry while on the HCG Diet.
Weight loss varies between .5 pound and 3 pounds per day, with the average loss being 1-2 pounds per day.
There are two recommended dosages for taking the HCG drops. Choose the one that works best for your schedule.
1. 15 drops under your tongue in the morning. Hold for 1-2 minutes. Nothing to eat or drink for 15-30 minutes. 15 drops under your tongue before dinner. Hold for 1-2 minutes. Nothing to eat or drink for 15-30 minutes.
2. 10 drops under your tongue in the morning. Hold for 1-2 minutes. Nothing to eat or drink for 15-30 minutes. 10 drops under your tongue before lunch. Hold for 1-2 minutes. Nothing to eat or drink for 15-30 minutes. 10 drops under your tongue before dinner. Hold for 1-2 minutes. Nothing to eat or drink for 15-30 minutes.
No, it is not necessary for the HCG drops to be refrigerated. You may keep them in your purse, briefcase, at home or at your desk. It is recommended that you keep them out of direct sunlight or out of a hot car.
If you have not been taking HCG for more than 42 days you will break the plateau by doing an apple day. Eat six apples throughout the day, resume the HCG diet requirements the following day. If you still are not losing weight than you have become immune to HCG and need to go to the next phase of the diet. You can start another cycle of HCG in 6 weeks.
- Required – Water intake is vital for the HCG diet, drink more than 2 liters of water per day
- Extra things you can do to insure that you lose one pound a day or more.
- Complete a colon cleansing diet before you start using HCG.
- Getting 30 grams of fiber per day (fiber pills or powders), the fiber can reduce constipation associated with little food intake.
- Drink teas without sugars while on the HCG.
- Take a multi- vitamin, and vitamin B-12 sublingual to boost your energy and metabolism.
- Eat salad with all meals.
- Light exercise for 15 minutes a day will increase your metabolism.
- Do not eat genetically modified foods or foods with high fructose corn syrups.
- Coconut oil can help some people lose more weight, but has made some put on weight.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid Fast Food Restaurants
Constipation is often encountered when you have less food intake. One you can add fiber by taking fiber additives. Increase your fluid intake, drink more water. Herbal teas: Dieters Tea, Smooth tea, Steep these teas for a short time because they can cause cramping. Licorice tea can also be beneficial; you may also try Cascara Sagrada. This is also an herbal supplement that acts as a natural laxative.
On the first day of your period, you stop the HCG drops. You will continue the 500 cal/day diet. When your period is almost over and you are just spotting, you may restart the HCG drops. The HCG drops that you missed during this time will be added to the end of the program so that you get the full 23 or 40. Yes, this will extend your program.
No, it is not necessary to exercise while on the HCG diet plan. You do need to follow a strict low calorie (500) diet and drink a lot of water.
During pregnancy HCG triggers the hypothalamus to mobilizes the mother’s stored fat. This is essential because it helps insure that the mother and the fetus get the energy they needs in order to be healthy. In non-pregnant persons, research suggests HCG similarly increases the metabolism similar to a pregnant female. Thousands of calories in stored fat are released, and are used by the body or expelled.
Dr. Simeons’ research suggests a small, daily amount of HCG (approx. 125 IU to 200 IU), results in an average weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs a day when accompanied by a VLCD (very low calorie diet, 500 cal a day).
The HCG diet says no beer or wine but does that mean no alcohol of any kind? YES! The HCG diet protocol DOES NOT allow any alcohol of any kind. Alcohol turns to pure sugar when digested in your body. The only liquids you should be drinking while on the HCG diet are water, herbal tea, and coffee or tea in the morning.