The only things you should avoid on P3 are sugary and starchy foods. Read through to the end to find a great solution to satisfy your sweet tooth! Now let’s deal with the sugary first and I will touch base on starchy foods on the next blog. The sugars that should be avoided are those sugars in cookies, cake, pie, candy, cupcakes, frosting, soft drinks, corn syrup, kool-aid, processed food, energy drinks, fruit juice, honey, yogurt, donuts, cookies, pudding, maple syrup, brownies, canned fruit in heavy syrup, ice cream, cool whip, boxed breakfast cereals, breakfast bars, granola.
As much as possible no sugar! And please it is very important to read labels of the food you are going to buy, especially when they come in package.
And remember, you’re avoiding starches too. Almost all packed or processed foods today contain high fructose corn syrup or some other kind of sugar. Allow me to name a few of those sugars that are found in processed foods;
- Brown sugar
- Corn syrup
- Demerara Sugar
- Free Flowing Brown Sugars
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Invert Sugar
- Maple syrup
- Muscovado or Barbados Sugar
- Powdered or confectioner’s sugar
- Rice Syrup
- Sugar (granulated)
- Turbinado sugar
OK, so now that you know all those sugars to avoid, here’s the solution we promised: Stevia. It’s natural, many times sweeter than sugar, and has no calories. You can find it at any health food store. WARNING! It’s really strong! Just a quarter of a teaspoon is enough to sweeten any single serving, such as a cup of coffee or bowl of cereal etc. So get yourself a container of Stevia, and when you just have to sweeten something up, it’s a guilt free solution!
Ideally, if you have followed the HCG drops diet protocol properly, your sugar cravings are dramatically reduced by now.
Is the HCG Diet the right one for you? Have you made the right choice of HCG Drops to purchase? Here are a few tips to help you buy the right HCG Drops:
There are three, among many reasons, as to why the HCG diet is the most practical diet around: convenience, price and comfort.
HCG Drops are far superior to the old fashioned, outdated injections. HCG drops can be taken anywhere and need no refrigeration. It very handily and fits any bag or even in your jean pockets. While the injection method must be administered by a doctor, either in his clinic or by having him come over to your home. Either way, it is time-consuming.
Furthermore, the price of HCG drops is way cheaper than HCG injections which cost any from $700-$900 a shot. HCG EZ Drops roll sit at a pretty $$59.95 for a month supply, and you are getting the highest quality drops on the market.
Drops, are (obviously) much more comfortable than shots. All you have to do is pour the content of the drops under your tongue and wait 1-2 minutes til it’s properly absorbed. Much less discomfort than getting a daily dose injected into you everyday, for 21 days. Sounds a little to painful for me!
To get your hands on high quality HCG Drops visit our home page: http://hcgezdrops.com
The HCG Diet has often brought up questions such as, ” should I do a body cleansing and detoxification before beginning the diet?” and “will doing so bring additional benefit?”
To begin with, let me re-iterate the purpose of HCG diet; the diet requires a dieter to stay in a very low calorie diet of either 800 or 1200 calorie diet per day following only a list of acceptable foods. Foods not found on the list are prohibited. Foods that contain carbohydrates and sugars should be eliminated from the diet entirely. To help the dieters live a healthier lifestyle, the diet plan requires the dieters to only choose all-natural foods which simply means replacing all conventional/processed food choices to organic ones. Conventional/processed foods contain additives and preservatives, antibiotics, hormones, and pesticides that may be the reason for health issues like obesity and other health risks such as heart attack, high blood pressure, diabetes and many more. HCG Diet helps eliminate much of the toxin buildup by only taking in the healthy food choices found in the list.
That being said, the HCG Diet works as cleansing and detoxification in and of itself. A dieter can start the HCG diet plan without doing a cleanse if he or she chooses to. However, if the dieter wishes to do cleansing and detoxification to make the diet plan more effective and quicker, yes this program can bring additional benefit to weight loss.
Are you still on phase 2 of your HCG diet plan? Are you caught up on Holidays like Easter? Are you decided how you are going to prepare for it and how you are going to handle it this weekend?
Here is a tip for you on how you are going to spice your holidays up and make it fun at least while you are up for a weight loss goal; Always remember that there will always be another holidays to celebrate with when you are not on hcg. Don’t ever let a holiday ruin a goal you have set up and been wanting to achieve just to enjoy “a day” of celebration.
Whether you are caught up on an Easter or any other holidays while you are on hcg, don’t worry go ahead and enjoy your family and friends and the day itself. Try not to focus on the food and what you are missing out on, because you are making a whole new healthier, leaner, and sexier you!
Getting the shape you have ever wanted is already a bonus and feeling great about how you will look about your new weight is an additional one! So take this from me, if ever there are holidays coming, food is just a part of the celebration, it does not comprise the whole meaning of it. Whenever there are holidays coming, treat yourself to a new outfit instead! Have fun =)
There have been many speculations and wondering of the exact measurement for a “drop” of HCG. Well, there has been no exact measurement at all because it depends on the type of liquid, temperature and measurement device. The usual 20 drops per cc (ml) is used as a general guideline so that makes .5cc x 2x per day (1cc in total) or is equal to 40 drops a day.
This should be the proper dose for this formulation taken 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before dinner.
Since we are not dealing with a pregnant woman here, therefore we need only a little amount of HCG, just to awaken the fat releasing mechanism of the body. When a woman gets pregnant, the body produces such amount of hcg which is needed to supply the baby with enough fats to nourish it. However, we do not want to produce more as it will reverse the weight loss process of the dieter.
There are some dieters who will still starve on the 500 calorie diet even while on HCG. So there was a revision made in order to sustain the hunger while giving the body enough nutrients it needs while on the diet.
Another way to deal hunger while on the diet is to distribute the meal to smaller portions throughout the day.
Our stomachs are just about the size of our fist. When we eat more than can fit into that size of a compartment, it must stretch (which our stomachs will do). Unfortunately, everything extra is stored away as fat. Smaller amounts more frequently is better than a few large meals. You must keep your blood sugar at a point where you can function comfortably without sending your body the message you are starving. If you wish to have 3 larger meals a day we recommend taking smaller portions and have 2 snacks in between each meal.
Here are some advantages of eating small frequent meals;
- Eating frequent small meals keeps you away from over eating.
- Eating more often helps increase your metabolism.
- Eating more often allows your body to utilize more of the vitamins and minerals you take in during the meals.
- Smaller, more frequent meals allow your body to regulate blood sugar better.
- Eating smaller meals avoids overstretching of your stomach, so lesser fats are stored
- You will not go around hungry all day
Now you should start this third phase on the 72nd hour after your last injection of HCG and you continue the VLCD, then gradually increase your calories from 800 a day to 1200 for a day or two and then to 1500/day.
You can basically reintroduce all kinds of foods that were not allowed in phase 2 mainly fats and dairy products except for the 2; sugars and starches.Any kinds of sugars and carbohydrates, no excuses!
You can eat different vegetables and you can even mix them altogether again at this phase of HCG. You can also eat different fruits. You may start exercising moderately and increase your exercise gradually once you reach this certain phase.
You need to focus on maintaining a good portion control or eat in portion sizes. However, it is just not there, continue to monitor your weight every morning before eating. Use a steak day if you go over 2-4 lbs of weight gain.
When you are almost done with phase 3 you make think that entering phase 4 is a lot easier. You might misunderstand the phrase “you can start introducing the foods you were banned to eat”, or to gorge on all the things you have not been eating! Phase 4 is indeed a continuation of the process of weight loss and maintaining that weight loss for the rest of your life. You are not yet done watching what you eat there are still chances that you will see a gain in this phase so continuing to analyze the gain is very important.
The main rule in phase 4 is ‘slowly introduce sugar and starches to your diet”. The technique here is adding an item one at a time so that it will be easier to determine the culprit of the gain. If a particular item causes you to gain weight then find other alternatives of that item. Like when you added white flour and it causes you to gain weight, find other alternatives of the flours available.
Here are a few things you can do.
- Everyday journal of the foods and beverages you are eating should be continued. If you gained the following days check on the list of foods you have eaten prior to the gain. Usually you will see an effect after 48hours. If a gain may occur check the food and analyze your findings. It may be from the food directly of from the additives and chemicals added to the food.
- Now that you have analyzed and identified the foods that made you gain, keep a list of it so that it will be easier for you to determine when you try these foods again. Give it a break for a while and then after a few weeks try them again until such time your system stabilizes and can possibly adopt these items at least on a minimal basis.
Some hcg dieters may not value watching the calorie intake on phase 3 and might think phase 2 is over and calorie counting is done. No, that should not be the case! Phase 3 however, should be taken seriously and vigilantly and calorie counting or analyzing such as the intake percentages of protein, fat, and carbohydrates should be undertaken. If you are gaining weight in P3, try the following tips below:
1. Check the labels for all the foods and beverages you are consuming. There might be hidden sugar and starch in it.
2. Be aware of the ingredients and chemicals that are being put into your food.
3. Though it’s not very helpful to drive yourself crazy counting calories, continue to count calories until you can figure what made you gain. This is just only for a short while though.
4. Check your calorie count and your intake percentages of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. You may use an online tool for this. Make adjustments if necessary like when you still show a gain even though the calorie level you are in is where it should be to maintain your weight.
5. Protein and fat intake needs to be higher than normal.
6. If you see a stable session, maintain it for a while then add carbs and lessen protein. Then see if there are any changes. Make adjustments if possible on the foods.
7. Try eliminating other foods for a few days such as fruits then slowly add back. Then see if you are stable with it.
8. Have you been stressed or started vigorously exercising? Try slowing down for a while.
The HCG phase three of the HCG Diet plans starts exactly 3 days after the last drops that is 72 hours.
The ultimate goal in this phase is to maintain your new weight. You are not to lose weight although in some cases this may happen. Your new weight should not drop or gain to more than 3lbs since your LDW (last drop weight). This is the period where the hypothalamus is set to the new weight.
Phase 3 should be strictly done for three weeks. Its purpose is to reset and lock-in your LDW. Be very careful in doing this phase because if you do not do this correctly as the protocol says, tendencies are you will be regaining back the weight you have before hcg weight when you start adding foods in phase 4. There are many things that need to be learned in phase 3 as this is not as easy when you think it is. You may be successful with the 41 days VLCD and hcg but that doesn’t mean you’re safe and can just eat anything.
Carefully follow these tips to ensure you are on the right track;
- Continue keeping a food journal. This will help you analyze the food that made you gain weight. This will also help you reveal the foods that work for you.
- Know and understand how foods affect your weight.
- Know the foods that caused you to gain weight
- Learn the importance of potion sizes.
- Make adjustment to your food choices and have them in portion sizes. Eliminate the ones that can cause you to gain weight and keep those that don’t.
- Follow Phase 3 protocol accordingly. If you have then good luck and be ready for phase 4.