Preparing a Healthy Snacking for HCG
If you are on the HCG diet you can plan and prepare your snacks throughout the day. Preparing and making your own snacks will prevent you from snacking at fast food joints and buying from vendors.
• As much as possible avoid processed snacks. This includes deli meats, crackers, canned fruit, chocolate bars instead, try fresh fruits and vegetables (salads), brown rice, raw nuts, etc.
• Maintain a calorie range of 100-200 calories per snack.
• Try adding healthy dairy products on your snacks such as cottage cheese and yogurt. Yogurt is the best healthy snack as in contains probiotics and slow-burning carbohydrates.
• A food journal is very important as it will help you keep track of your over all eating habits. • Protein-based snacks such as granola or nuts are also very good.
• One of the most important rules on the HCG diet is to avoid midnight snack. You should eat your last meal or snack no later than 7pm to give your body plenty of time to metabolize the foods before you go to sleep.