I have been getting a lot of questions about alcoholic beverages and the HCG diet. Let me address that now. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED! No hard alochol, beer, or wine. That include light beer. The reason is that when alcohol is digested in your body it is convertered to pure sugar. There is NO SUGAR allowed on the HCG diet. The only liquid you should be drinking while on the HCG diet is water, herbal tea and coffee or tea in the morning. I hope this clears up some confusion.
Monthly Archives: November 2011
HCG is administered for a variety of conditions, in vastly different amounts. For example, a doctor may prescribe 10,000 IU’s (international units) of HCG to increase ovulation, versus dieters should only take 125-200 IU’s daily for weight loss.
Likewise, a pregnant woman produces HCG in extremely high amounts, her body may have as much as 288,000 IU’s at the 9-12 week mark!
A pregnancy test is designed to measure high levels of HCG, so it won’t detect the low levels in HCG drops designed for weight loss.
So don’t be disappointed if you do a pregnancy test on your homeopathic HCG and discover that it doesn’t register, if it did, you would be taking way too much!
125-200 IU’s per day is all that’s necessary to generate the amazing weight loss benefits everybody’s seeing on the HCG EZ Drops diet.
If you’re currently on the HCG EZ Drops diet, you may be asking yourself the BIG question… what am I going to do on Thanksgiving Day?
Here’s some pointers that will help you enjoy the day, without blowing your diet!
1. Allow yourself to cheat- a little. Chances are, trying to stick to 500 calories on Thanksgiving day isn’t going to happen. So rather than beat yourself up about it, plan on cheating, just don’t go crazy!
3. It’s about fat. During the HCG diet, the main thing to avoid is fat. Keeping as much fat out of your body during the main diet phase is critical. So, when you’re loading your plate, avoid the gravy, and other high calorie, high fat items and instead focus on the turkey and vegetables.
4. What about dessert?! Here again, if this is going to be a “cheat day,” make sure you don’t cheat too much! Does the slice of apple pie really have to cover the whole plate? Instead, take a smalll serving, and eat it slowly, with slow bites. Often, enjoying a dessert isn’t so much about quantity as quality! A massive piece of pie eaten in 30 seconds doesn’t bring as much satisfaction as a small piece eaten over five minutes.
Chances are, you won’t have the desire to gorge anyway. Take a reasonable plate of food, focus on the healthy choices, and eat it slowly and in small bites, and you’ll be surprised how satisfying a healthy Thanksgiving dinner really can be!
Variety the SPICE of life…right? Well, when it comes to the HCG diet plan not all ‘spices’ are created equal. Turns out some spices have sugar added. You REALLY have to watch that ingredients label. I checked my Garlic Powder and it contained SUGAR! Double check every label before you go shaking that spice onto your food! The scale will thank you!
Thanksgiving! Just mentioning the name brings images of delicious food. Turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravey, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie… So how bad was it? How closely did you follow the HCG protocol? Did you cheat and if you did what can you do to get back on track?
If are on the HCG diet and did cheat on Thanksgiving you are NOT alone! There are people who actually plan on cheating while on the HCG diet, but ONLY for Thanksgiving dinner. But now what?
Hopefully you kept yourself in check and at a minimum. Here are a few ideas to help you out.
1. STOP cheating – May sound obvious but once started it is becomes easier to cheat. STOP!
2. Have an Apple Day – Eat up to 6 apples
3. Drink water – Increase the amount of water you are drinking. The amount of water you should be drinking should be around a 1/2 gallon to a gallon. Increase it! The more you drink the fuller you will feel and the more you will flush out of your body!
4. Forgive yourself – The meal is over and hopefully you enjoyed yourself. If the scale shows how much you enjoyed the meal don’t worry about it. You will lose the weight when you get back on the HCG diet protocol. Move on!
Colleen S. From Wisconsin made an easy $48.50 with one single post to Facebook! How cool and easy is that! Learn how in this post. Our customer referral program is free, easy, makes you extra cash, and helps your friends lose weight… what a great combination!
HCG Side Effects
Probably the two most common question I am asked is
“Are there side effects?”
“Isn’t easting only 500 calories a day unhealthy?”
As far as side effects, Dr. Belluscio’s double blind study is the most recent science we have on the subject, and there just doesn’t appear to be “side effects” from the HCG Diet, other than some mild issues like head-ache or cramping the first 2 days. Remember, side effects is a term that refers to prescription drugs, and the negative consequences these chemicals have on your body. HCG is a natural, safe hormone that occurs in your body anyway, helping maintain natural body-weight.
If you undertake a very low calorie diet without HCG supplementation or a low grade HCG product then yes, you are putting your health at risk. But HCG EZ Drops convert you bad fat (doctors refer to this as “brown fat”) into 1,200 to 2,000 calories. So while you are dropping weight on the low calorie diet, your body is getting all the calories it needs from the fat loss.
Without HCG your muscles will break down, your essential healthy fats will follow, and you are basically just starving yourself. . A HCG supplemented diet does the opposite, influencing your body to draw all of its energy only from your abnormal and excess fat (stored fat), leaving your muscles and organs functioning healthily. HCG is the a very healthy way to drop your pounds quickly and reset your metabolism to be more efficent to help you keep the weight off.
Remember, being overweight is the biggest risk of all. Every 10 pounds of extra fat is putting a strain on your heart, hurting your cardiovascular fitness, and shortening your life! Order your HCG EZ Drops here now, and get your body back!
Understandably, a lot of men are skeptical to take the HCG drops, simply because HCG – is a hormone that is produced by women during pregnancy. A lot of misinformation has come out regarding males taking HCG drops, nearly all of it false. It’s important to understand that HCG is NOT a sex hormone.
HCG was first used to treat obesity in only males and it did so with a surprisingly high success rate. Over 50 years since Dr Simeons introduced HCG – his protocol – it still proves to be entirely safe and effective up to this day.
The HCG hormone is safe and effective for both sexes. It helps develop better body composition and shed fat at the same time. While both men and women see dramatic results, men actually tend to lose up to 50% more weight per day using the same HCG diet drops. Over a typical 4 week diet plan, this amounts to an extra 12 lbs. of weight.
So YES men… YOU can safely take HCG!
You have probably heard about the supposed HCG diet dangers. These dangers are myths. The HCG diet works safely if followed correctly as Dr. Simeons explained in his book “Pounds and Inches.” The HCG not only diet works you get fast results!
Here are the most common myths:
Myth 1: It is unsafe to only consume 500 calories.
All weight loss diets are based on consuming fewer calories. The goal of a diet is to eat fewer calories than you burn during the day. When your body burns the calories it consumes then it turns to stored fat which results in weight loss. A typical weight loss diet caloric intake is between 1000-2000. Lowering that down to 500 may seem to low, but it is not. By using the HCG hormone your body will release stored fat to be use for energy to make up the difference, thus resulting in rapid weight loss.
Myth 2: The HCG drops are un-necessary and un-safe.
The HCG drops are absoutely necessary for the diet to work. Once you begin the diet you will be consuming only 500 calories, up to have what your normally eat. But even though you are only eating 500 calories you are actually burning anywhere from 1500-4000 calories a day! The HCG drops helps your body release the stored fat to be used as energy to support daily activity. HCG also helps supress your appitite so that you are not hungry throughout the day. If you have every experience hunger pangs you know how that can affect any diet and how likely you are to eat when you should not. The diet 500 calorie simply can not be done without the drops.
Myth 3: Any diet that does not require exercise is unhealthy or unsafe.
Once again there has not been any proof that this diet is unhealthy or unsafe, but it needs to be done according to Dr. Simeons’ protocol. 500 calories is a very low amount of calories for people who are not used to it, and exercising will burn those calories too fast. This could cause you to become excessively fatigued or light headed. For people who already had an established fitness routine found that they could continue with light to moderate walking while on the HCG diet.
The people who make the claims that the HCG diet is unsafe have simply not done their research. HCG is a legitimate weight loss plan. Now that these myths have been debunked, you can rest assured that this diet plan is a healthy and there are no HCG diet dangers.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
We congratulate those of you who are remaining steadfast to your HCG diet through the holidays. It shows your
determination, fortitude and sheer willpower to stay on the HCG diet being surrounded by the temptations of the season.
To help I thought I would share helpful HCG holiday dieting tips.
Phase 2 (500 calorie diet)
* Keep apples slices sprinkled with cinnamon for a go to ready snack if you get hungry.
* Sip sparkling water while at parties – DO NOT drink alcohol
* Make a chicken apple stuffing as for special holiday meal – (chopped apple, sage, onion, garlic power, chicken broth, 1
crushed melba toast.)
* Don’t cheat. We all know cheating will show upon the scale. Is it really worth it? If you know you are going to
cheat plan an interruption.
Although not recommended, it is possible to do a planned interruption on P2 where you stop your HCG drops 72 hours in
advance and start again the next day. You WILL lose several days of weight loss and probably gain some weight back, but
if you don’t want to miss a special event plan ahead.
Phase 3 (maintenance)
This is the phase where you must avoid sugar and starches. P3 is the time when your body’s metabolism resets itself so
it is critical that you stay true to the diet. With a little creativity you can find ways to enjoy most of your favorite holiday favorites
without the starch and sugar.
* Bring your own P3 friendly dishes to family gatherings. Turkey is allowed so bring the apple stuffing mentioned above
or mashed cheddar cauliflower.
* Make a creamy fruit salad with whipping cream sweetened with stevia and vanilla.
* If enjoying a glass of wine or cocktail avoid sweet mixers and choose sparkling water and lemon or low sugar juices.
* Make P3 hors d’oeuvres like celery sticks with cream cheese filling or turkey/cheese/olive wraps. Be creative!
Remember, the holidays are a time to celebrate spending time with family and friends. Concentrate on that instead of
food… you will be glad that you did!