There are some dieters who will still starve on the 500 calorie diet even while on HCG. One way to deal with this is to distribute the meal to smaller portions throughout the day.
Our stomachs are just about the size of our fist. When we eat more than can fit into that size of a compartment, it must stretch (which our stomachs will do). Unfortunately, everything extra is stored away as fat. Smaller amounts more frequently is better than a few large meals. You must keep your blood sugar at a point where you can function comfortably without sending your body the message you are starving. Between 5-6 meals is optimal. If you wish to have 3 larger meals a day we recommend taking smaller portions and have 2 snacks in between each meal.
Here are some advantages of eating small frequent meals;
- Eating frequently within the day allows you to eat smaller meals and keeps you away from over eating.
- Eating more often helps increase your metabolism.
- Eating more often allows your body to utilize more of the vitamins and minerals you take in during the meals.
- Smaller, more frequent meals allow your body to regulate blood sugar better.
- Eating smaller meals avoids overstretching of your stomach, thus the body will store less fat.
- You will not go around hungry all day if you are eating frequently.