It can be very difficult to leave your comfort foods, when coming onto the HCG diet. However, it is possible to make some slight adjustments to allow for some tasty treats that will satisfy your craving, while still allowing you to eat within the 800 calorie HCG diet protocol?
So, as a quick fix, I have collected a few easy-to-make snacks that are very delicious, and are definitely approved on the HCG diet. To start, here’s my first treat. Enjoy!
Popsicles – Popsicles wouldn’t be as delicious and mouth-watering if it weren’t for the flavor and all the sugar. But we know, because of the high sugar content, this sweet treat is not permissible for an HCG diet, right?
Well, there is a way to make and enjoy popsicles without really cheating on the diet.
- First, buy a reusable plastic mold, in whatever shape you prefer (or for an even easier method, you can use an ice cube tray).
- Choose from the allowed fruits for the HCG diet on phase 2 & 3 and puree it together with water.
- Adjust the amount of water to use according to your preferred taste.
- Pour in one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- And finally, put in a little sweetener to make a tasty, yet healthy, sweet treat. Stevia is your best choice.
- Pour the ingredients into the mold, place a popsicle stick in the middle, freeze, and within a couple hours, you will have an instant HCG diet friendly popsicle!