- Not Reading the protocol from start to finish. In order for one to understand how the diet goes, one must read the protocol cover to cover.
- Not following the protocol though understanding it.
- Not loading properly. The loading days are very important. Read this
- Cheating on the diet!
- Not eating the right kind of Proteins and the right amount of proteins.
- Inconsistency. Do not skip your drops. Take it at consistent times. Also be consistent with the amount of calories you take. Do not increase or decrease it as your body will be confused where to pull the energy from. The target of the hcg diet is to use the stored fats as energy so be consistent with the amount of calories.
- Constipation. It is recommended while on the HCG diet that natural colon cleansing methods are used regularly to allow the body to pass our stools.
HCG Diet tips
Dieting and losing weight is quite challenging. When one decides to journey to a healthier lifestyle, one must be very serious about it. “Each one is unique” as the cliche goes;every dieter is unique, so we seek advice from successful dieters who were able to make it. Here are a few tips and tricks on how they have survived and succeed.
- Load properly on the first 2 days of loading.
- Choose organic meats rather than processed meats.
- Try to avoid cheating
- Stay hydrated. Sometimes we are confused whether it is a signal of hunger or thirst.
- Weigh, pack and cook all your proteins 1x a week and have it ready so that you can easily create meals and always have them readily available.
- Choose a variety of seasoning and cooking ideas.
- Choose foods rich in fiber.
- Stay on a schedule when you are going to eat.
- Avoid skipping meals and going below the required calorie of EZ Drops per day
- Rest and take your supplements.
- Prepare your own meal and bring it to work or wherever you go to avoid buying out from a fastfood.
Sometimes, if not most of the time, it is so hard not to cheat on a HCG Diet Drops. Admit it, we all are tempted especially when we are served with mouth watering dishes during special events like birthdays, weddings, family gatherings, or eating out, name it! We are prone to cheat however motivated we are in sticking to our diet plan . Nobody is immune.
- Other HCG Dieters dwell so much on the deed and would give up completely thinking they have ruined everything. A day or 2 of cheating can be recovered. Just get over it and continue with the VLCD. It’s never too late to do something as long as the will is strong.
- It’s normal to gain a little weight after cheating. Don’t worry about it, often much of it is water weight from the sodium in the “bad” food, and temporary gains are often lost quickly.
- Get back on track and just be patient. In a couple of days you will see favorable results. Just keep going!
Dry skin comes in the form of flaky patches, cracked skin, and in more severe cases, itchy red patches and they are very ugly to look at. The causes of dry skin are within our control-some from lack of nutrients, sleep, too much exposure to the UV rays from the sun, or even from staying too long in an air conditioned room. However, with some extra effort we can alleviate the symptoms and can even prevent it. Below are some of the remedies we can alternatively do other than using chemically based lotions that would prevent dry skin.
- Drink lots of water.
- Apply Baby lotion all over your body. Baby lotion is one of the best moisturizing lotions that you can use on your skin.
- Apply some honey all over your body and leave it on for five to ten minutes. Honey is said to be one of the best natural moisturizers.
- Make a paste of ripe avocadoes and apply it all over your body to nourish your skin.
- Bananas can also be used to treat dry skin. Mash the banana (preferably ripe) and apply it on your face and neck.
- Mash ripe papaya and apply it to your skin, leave it for 30 minutes. Papaya is also one of the natural exfoliants.
- Use natural exfoliants like Greek Yogurt. Yogurt is an excellent cleanser that contains mild exfoliating factor that will remove dry skin.
- Exercise to sweat.
- Get sufficient sleep.
- Mix together a 3 to 1 ratio of olive oil and castor oil or grape seed oil and spread it all over your face and neck. Dip a washcloth in hot water and place it over your face. Leave it until the washcloth is cooled.
- Rub a little honey into your skin and relax for up to 10 minutes
- Add 1 egg to 1 teaspoon of honey, half a teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of rose water and stir carefully.
- Use a sunscreen when you are about to get exposed to the sun.
- Fish oil are rich i fatty acids. Make sure you add fish to your daily diet like salmon.
- Add fruits and veggies to your diet.
Vegetables is always included in our diet because we know it’s good for our body. They are good source of vitamins. In the vegetable family, broccoli has been called ‘super food’ because of its many health benefits. Since it is allowed in Dr. Robbins hcg diet protocol, it is just right that we give it a space here in our blog. Below is called ‘super food’ for these reasons:
- Prevents Cancer
- Curbs Eating Habit such as overeating
- Improves the Body’s Immune System
- Birth Defects Fighter
- Promotes Strong Bones
- Fights Diabetes
- Fights Heart Disease
- Regulates the Blood Pressure
- Promotes Healthy Eyes
- Prevents Colds
- Promotes a Healthy Eye Sight
- Healthy Men Eats Broccoli
- Good Source of Vitamin C
You may have this fresh or frozen , but never in can – that is, if you find any broccoli in can. If you did, it definitely contains sodium high enough to make you stall or plateau. You wouldn’t want that right?
Click here our broccoli recipe for you to enjoy.
Every successful HCG Diet has a painful and long story to tell. It may be a long journey but in the end the journey is worth looking back. What’s important is you are happy and fulfilled. Only the one who achieve success knows how painful it could be to attain. Especially, when the battle is just against you, it’s like an ordeal.
With the HCG diet plan, you have to be very honest and diligent to your own self. If you cheat then your cheating just to yourself and the battle is useless. There is no other way easier than this that requires less hard work and the only weapon is just patience and courage.
Be well-equipped with the knowledge to the secrets of success. The most important thing to keep in mind is – you need to hold on, wait and anticipate results working on you gradually.
Patience leads to the door of success and accomplishments.
Phase 3 of the HCG Diet snacks need to be taken into considerations and the different aspects of the foods nutritional value should be carefully assessed in order to determine if it’s safe as a HCG Phase 3 Sancks. HCG Phase 3 snacks should meet the following requirements:
- 20 or less grams of carbohydrates
- 10 or less grams of sugar
- 4 or more grams of protein
Protein is very important during phase 3 of the HCG Diet. Pick foods that are high in protein because it can help keep your weight low and waist thin!
Here are a few other tips for HCG P3 snacks:
· Avoid ones with chocolate and dried fruits
· Watch for sugars & carbs
· Go for apples
· Go Hard Boiled Eggs
· Introduce cheese slowly
· Avoid sweeter fruits, such as grapes, bananas, melons
· Go for Greek Yogurt
· Go for Raw Vegetables, such as bell peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers
Soda is being consumed by Americans in record amounts. Most Americansdon’t even notice how much they drink; we grab a coke in the morning to wake us up, have a 20 oz with lunch, maybe grab one mid afternoon to get us through the workday, and often have it at night. One can easily drink hundreds of calories per day without ever noticing it! Science has linked soda to several health problems from obesity to tooth decay but, here are some more serious soda-caused conditions that may help you nip soda in the bud forever:
A new study released this week found that drinking two sodas a week was linked to increased incidences of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer a rare but deadly form of cancer — only around five percent of those stricken with it live five years or longer. Scientists believe that the high levels of sugar in soda may increase insulin levels in the body, which contributes to pancreatic cancer cell growth.
Artificial sweeteners used in diet sodas caused increased kidney decline when two or more drinks a day were consumed. Additionally, a study found that drinking soda put women at risk for early Kidney Disease. The study found that men were not at a similar risk. Women who drank two or more sodas in a 24-hour period were almost two times as likely to have signs of ablumenuria — an excess amount of a protein called albumin in the urine — which is an early marker for kidney disease.
Increased Risk of Miscariage:
A 2008 study found that high doses of daily caffeine during pregnancy — whether from coffee, tea, caffeinated soda or hot chocolate — cause an increased risk of miscarriage. Women who consumed 200 mg of caffeine or more a day (that’s five sodas or two cups of coffee) had twice the miscarriage risk as women who consumed no caffeine. The caffeine-miscarriage link is caused because fetuses have a difficult time metabolizing caffeine.
Increases of Gout in Men:
A 2008 study found that high levels of soda consumption increased the risk of contracting gout in men aged 40 and older. Increased levels of gout, a painful joint disease caused by excess uric acid in the blood, was found in men who consumed two or more soft drinks a week. While gout was typically treated by limiting meat and dairy intake, sugar intake was never considered a cause.
If you don’t feel that you are ready to give up soda just yet, here is our suggestion: Cut your soda intake in half. This may be hard for some but it will be easier to ween yourself off your sugar and caffeine addiction then just quitting cold turkey.
Next time you find yourself going to grab a soda, whether it be from the fridge, out to eat, or just the gas station, get water instead, your body and your wallet will be so much happier!
We found these soda facts at: http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/latest/soda-research-health-effects#ixzz25TAxyetQ
The loading days are absolutely necessary for a successful HCG diet program. This is stressed by Dr. Simeons in his Book Pounds and Inches. These 2 loading days should not be skipped! Dieters must eat as much fatty food as possible during the two loading days to enable their bodies to stock enough fat reserves for the VLCD (Very low calorie diet) and jump start the body metabolism. Proper loading days are beneficial to helping dieters decrease hunger pains when they start the 500 calories diet subsequently.
Many dieters may not understand why they have to eat fat in order to lose weight. The phases of HCG have been tested again and again and this is the way the diet works best! If loading days are not followed as specified, the consequence can be hunger pains and discomfort while on the diet. In fact many dieters are surprised to find out they don’t gain weight and some even lose, because of the direct action of HCG and high-protein intake when they do the loading phase.
In HCG, there are foods to eat, there are also foods to avoid, but a general rule is that you shouldn’t eat processed foods. Fatty foods, sugar, artificial sweeteners, and premade foods where you have no control over the ingredients should be avoided. It is best to prepare and cook your own food. Each time the food is processed, the food’s natural composition is broken, it loses some of its nutrition, and you have to wonder what all those ingredients you can’t pronounce really are. Some of these chemicals such as artificial sweeteners will slow your metabolism or sometimes almost to a halt while your body tries to figure out what to do with it.
Another thing to keep in mind tip for the HCG Diet is choosing organic products. They are free from pesticides, fertilizers, and other harmful chemicals. Whether you are on HCG or not, it is always a good idea to eat clean foods! The food choices consist of lean proteins, vegetables and once you are in ketosis, low glycemic index fruits (only allowed when paired with a protein).
Know what gets into your mouth because your body depends on it.