So the HCG diet promises 1-2 pounds weight loss per day, right? And of course, many have achieved that… but not everybody does. In this post I will explore the reasons why people don’t succeed with HCG diet drops, and how to overcome them.
First, a story. I’ve been the proud owner of HCG EZ Drops for over 4 years… and have heard the personal success stories of hundreds, maybe thousands of our customers. We have tens of thousands of customers. And their feedback has been amazing, and mostly successful, but I’ve also had people lose less than a pound a day on HCG and been disappointed, for example…
One such story was a guy who discovered our office was near his home, so he looked us up and reached out to me, and we arranged a round of golf. He had previously lost over 30 pounds with our HCG drops, but for some reason was struggling this time. We golfed and chatted, and I tried to explore what may have been happening. Two weeks in he was only down 5 pounds. Not bad for any other diet, but lousy for the HCG diet drops methodology.
Half way through the round of golf he pulled out a bag of candy and started chomping them down. Now, this was 2 weeks into his 800 calorie HCG phase 2, you know, the one where you don’t eat ANY sugar? I didn’t know him well, and didn’t want to be rude, but luckily he must have seen the horror in my eyes and he shrugged and said something like, “I, uh, don’t normally eat this stuff…” and carried on.
Well, you get the point. He was his own worst enemy. He wasn’t going to experience any HCG “reset” while cheating during the most critical phase of the diet. So, based on my experience, here are the top reasons why you may not achieve the 2 pounds per day goal:
1. Lack of discipline. This is definitely number one. HCG diet drops come with a certain protocol that must be followed. It’s not hard, and it’s not long, but it needs to be stuck to for at least three weeks to work.
2. Hydration. (lack of) Very few of us drink enough water, but when you are on the HCG diet you MUST drink enough water. This also usually eliminates any side effects people are experiencing (cramps, headaches, etc.) Drink at least half your body weight in ounces daily. So, if you weigh 200 pounds, drink 100 ounces of water.
3. The curse of round 2. For some unexplained reason, round 2 is the most unsuccessful of all HCG rounds for some. Not for everybody, of course, but for some people they just can’t lose as much weight on their second try. Advice here is to complete it as best you can, take a few weeks off, then do round 3. It’s not the diet, it’s not the drops, it’s just that for a few people, round 2 sucks. Just be a trooper and carry on! It will work again in round 3.
4. Stress. People going through life “stuff,” like a divorce or loss or a loved one often struggle to lose weight. Sometimes, if life is really piling on, it’s just better to wait until you’re back in a happy place before trying an aggressive like HCG drops.
5. Lousy drops. Make sure you are using real HCG drops from a reputable manufacturer. There are poor quality formulations out there.
These are the top four reasons I have experience as I’ve worked with a lot of people and heard from our support staff. If you are serious about using HCG diet drops to lose 2 pounds per day, make sure you are disciplined, drinking plenty of water, not doing round 2 (if you are you’ll still lose weight, just not as much as you may in round 1 or 3), and if life is hitting you hard, consider waiting a bit to start your diet.
And for a little inspiration, check this video from the Rachel Ray Show. Interesting that the sister who took drops lost more weight than her sister who did injections 😉
[div id=”foo” class=”aligncenter”]