Protein has a very vital role in the development of a human body. When on HCG, the amount of protein taken in is portioned according to the diet plan. Here are some important notes to remember while choosing protein foods (meat) while on HCG diet: The amount of protein should be 3.5 oz. (100 gm) per meal; It has to be lean, which means all traces of fats should be eliminated before you cook it and the portions should be weighed raw. It must be cooked without additional fat or fatty oils; Try eating another protein type at dinner. A variety is recommended rather than eating the same protein foods for both lunch and dinner.
Here are the enumerated points to keep in mind;
- Veal or lean steak (free-range only).
- Do not use ground beef no matter how lean.
- White fish to consider are the ff. halibut, swordfish, bass, flounder, pike, tilapia, john dory, snapper, crab meat, lobster, shrimp, scallops.
- Avoid salmon, eel, tuna, herring, and dried, pickled or smoked fish.
- Chicken (no skin just the breast)
- Boiled egg (3 boiled egg whites suitable for vegetarians)