French and Onion soup has been a dish loved for centuries. This HCG recipe is an onion and beef broth or a beef stock based soup, and traditionally is served with toast.
French Onion Soup:
· 1 whole onion, thinly sliced
· 100 grams beef, thinly sliced
· roasted garlic
· 1/2 grissini
· dash salt
· dash pepper
1. Put onions into an oven-proof saucepan. Add enough broth to cover half the onions. Cook until onions are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat broiler. Add thinly sliced beef to the onions. Top with mashed roasted garlic and grissini.
3. Broil for 5 minutes until grissini/garlic mixture starts to brown.