Phase 4 does not restrict you from eating anything. This is the phase where you can enjoy bothe the result of the diet and the food you want to eat. You can eat anything you want, as much as you want, as often as you want. However, if you want to keep the weight off, only eat when you are hungry and not just any time of the day when you feel like eating. Eat clean foods, organic if possible, and stay away from processed and fastfoods as much as possible. These are not only unhealthy but are also loaded with sugars and starches and will cause you to gain weight again if you are not careful.
One of the best ways to keep the weight off is to eat foods prepared and cooked by you. This forces you to be conscious about what you are putting into your body, and how your food is prepared.
Here are some great tips to keep the weight off for the rest of your life:
- Avoid refined sugars= these include high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, sucrose, and dextrose.
- Avoid processed foods at all cost.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners= includes NutraSweet, Splenda, aspartame, sucralose, and others.
- Avoid trans fats= includes hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
- Avoid monosodium glutamate.
- Avoid food with nitrites.
- Avoid meat, poultry, or dairy that is not 100% organic. All meat, poultry, and dairy that is not 100% organic is loaded with growth hormones, antibiotics, and other drugs. These absolutely cause weight gain and other physical and emotional problems.
- No farm raised fish. Look for packages that say ‘wild caught’.
Most importantly: Be aware of what you’re eating!