The ultimate goal in this phase is to maintain your new weight. You are not to lose weight although in some cases this may happen. Your new weight should not drop or gain to more than 3lbs since your LDW (last drop weight). This is the period where the hypothalamus is set to the new weight.
Phase 3 should be strictly done for three weeks. Its purpose is to reset and lock-in your LDW. Be very careful in doing this phase because if you do not do this correctly as the protocol says, tendencies are you will be regaining back the weight you have before hcg weight when you start adding foods in phase 4. There are many things that need to be learned in phase 3 as this is not as easy when you think it is. You may be successful with the 41 days VLCD and hcg but that doesn’t mean you’re safe and can just eat anything.
Carefully follow these tips to ensure you are on the right track;
- Continue keeping a food journal. This will help you analyze the food that made you gain weight. This will also help you reveal the foods that work for you.
- Know and understand how foods affect your weight.
- Know the foods that caused you to gain weight
- Learn the importance of potion sizes.
- Make adjustment to your food choices and have them in portion sizes. Eliminate the ones that can cause you to gain weight and keep those that don’t.
- Follow Phase 3 protocol accordingly. If you have then good luck and be ready for phase 4.