HCG FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) With Professional Answers
- What is HCG?
- How do I use HCG EZ Drops?
- Are there any side effects with using HCG?
- How can I only survive on 500 calories a day?
- How much weight can I expect to lose using HCG?
- How much HCG drops should I take?
- Does the HCG drops need to be refrigerated?
- What do I do if I reach a plateau with my weight loss during the HCG Diet ?
- What can I do to ensure that I lose a pound a day or more while taking HCG?
- What do I do if I have constipation?
- What do I do when I have my period?
- Do I need to exercise?
- How does hCG work?
- Can I drink any alcohol while on the HCG diet?
What is HCG?
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, HCG for short. HCG is a hormone present in both men and women, but mostly produced in great amounts in the female placenta during a normal pregnancy. Originally it was used in it’s natural form (extracted from pregnant womens urine) but today modern HCG drops are synthetically made, thus eliminating the need to extract from urine, and also eliminating the hormone imbalances that followed an HCG diet protocol.
How do I use HCG EZ Drops?
Take HCG EZ Drops twice a day. Put 20 drops under the tongue 15-30 minutes before breakfast, then 15-30 minutes before lunch. Hold the drops under your tongue for 1-2 minutes before swallowing. If you miss taking the drops before one of these meals, don’t worry, just take them when you can, making sure you get 40 drops per day. See this video for more details on using HCG EZ Drops:
Are there any side effects with using HCG drops?
There are no side effects associated with real HCG drops. Very few experience slight headaches or dizziness for the first few days but this is extremely rare and mild. This diet method has been used for weight loss for 50+ years, and improved greatly in about the last 5 years or so, eliminating most of the negatives that used to be associated with this protocol.
How can I only survive on 500 calories a day?
You don’t. We DO NOT recommend a 500 calorie diet. Dr. Simeons, the founder of this diet, correctly noted that during a VLCD (very low calorie diet) along with a supplement like HCG injections or drops, that the rapid fat burn would provide enough calories to keep a persons energy up. Fair enough, as one pound of fat can create 1500-2000 calories as it burns… but the 500 calorie diet doesn’t provide enough protein to sustain muscle mass. That’s why we provide all of our purchasers with an 800 and 1200 calorie diet that provides all the nutrition and protein a body needs.
Weight loss varies between .5 pound and 3 pounds per day, with the average loss being 1-2 pounds per day.
20 drops under your tongue in the morning, then again in the afternoon. Hold for 1-2 minutes. Nothing to eat or drink for 15-30 minutes before or after taking the drops.
The easiest way to do this is to count the drops out onto a spoon.
So, a total of 40 drops per day.
No, it is not necessary for the HCG EZ drops to be refrigerated. You may keep them in your purse, briefcase, at home or at your desk. It is recommended that you keep them out of direct sunlight or out of a hot car.
If you have not been taking HCG for more than 42 days you will break the plateau by doing an apple day. Eat six apples throughout the day, resume the HCG diet requirements the following day. If you still are not losing weight than you have become immune to HCG drops and need to go to the next phase of the diet.
- Required – Water intake is vital for the HCG drops diet, drink more than 2 liters of water per day
- Complete a colon cleansing diet before you start using HCG.
- Getting 30 grams of fiber per day (fiber pills or powders), the fiber can reduce constipation associated with little food intake.
- Drink teas without sugars while on the HCG drops.
- Take a multi- vitamin, and vitamin B-12 sublingual to boost your energy and metabolism.
- Eat salad with all meals.
- Light exercise for 15 minutes a day will increase your metabolism.
- Do not eat genetically modified foods or foods with high fructose corn syrups.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid Fast Food Restaurants
Constipation is often encountered when you have less food intake. One you can add fiber by taking fiber additives. Increase your fluid intake, drink more water. Herbal teas: Dieters Tea, Smooth tea. Steep these teas for a short time because they can cause cramping. Licorice tea can also be beneficial; you may also try Cascara Sagrada. This is also an herbal supplement that acts as a natural laxative.
On the first day of your period, you stop the HCG drops. You will continue the 800 or 1200 cal/day diet. When your period is almost over and you are just spotting, you may restart the HCG drops. The HCG drops that you missed during this time will be added to the end of the program so that you get the full 23 or 40. Yes, this will extend your program.
No, it is not necessary to exercise while on the HCG drops plan. You do need to follow a strict low calorie (800 or 1200) diet and drink a lot of water.
Well, you really shouldn’t. During the weight loss phase of the HCG diet, try to avoid alcohol as much as possible. But if you just have to have a drink at that party or celebration, make it lite, and don’t drink too much, then get back on the band-wagon and be as strict as possible until you hit your weight goal!
So what are you waiting for? Click here to check out our current amazing special!