There’s a great piece here by Dr. Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen on how to kick start a weight loss diet. And, most of this is very “HCG diet friendly.” It starts with this excellent question:
Q: I need to lose 50 pounds. I’ve tried everything! Nothing seems to work well enough (or fast enough) to keep me on the right path. Can you help?— Kelly G., San Francisco
1. Start you day with a cup of hot water and fresh lemon. It gets your digestion going plus detoxifies. Other research indicates it also has weight loss and energy benefits.
2. Eat breakfast, but keep it healthy. A green smoothie or egg breakfast make for great diet choices.
3. Focus on protein rich foods the rest of the day. We live in a carb addicted society. The switch to protein based foods, ideally from skinless chicken or fish, will keep you more full, reduce sugar swings, and help you maintain a better mood. In a lot of ways, carbs are the enemy of weight loss.
4. Don’t let yourself get too hungry. You would think you are losing weight if you are hungry, but numerous studies teach us that’s not true. Snack on negative calorie foods like celery, or enjoy as much of almost any vegetable as you want. An apple is another good way to get a filling, low glycemic, healthy weight loss snack.
5. Limit yourself to one cup of coffee per day, and use unsweetened vanilla or coconut milk.
6. Eliminate wheat, refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, dairy, alcohol, and processed foods. Remember, healthy food comes from farms, not factories!
7. Make sure and supplement vitamin D. And take a warm bath at night with 2 cups epsom salts and 1 cup baking soda.
Great weight loss tips! Make sure and leave your comments or questions below!