50 years ago, Dr. Simeons did the world a huge favor when he created the HCG diet. But it wasn’t perfect, and decades of science have added to and improved what he started. Here’s the top 5 things he got wrong, and what it means to people who do the HCG diet today.
Please don’t take offense, we know some people think of him as kind of a prophet or something, and we aren’t trying to come across as delinquent apostates or anything, but just pointing out what decades of research and science have proven over the last 50 years.
And trust us, you will like what you hear, these improvements all make the HCG diet that much better:
1. Cosmetics. He found that oil based cosmetics reduced the weight loss effect. Only problem is, that since the 1960’s a LOT of clinical studies have been done on cosmetics and lotions, and their ability to penetrate the skin and what’s the bottom line?
… not so much. Cosmetics, whether oil based or not, have no effect on weight loss, nor the ability to penetrate the 7 layers of skin, and certainly not to affect your weight. So, ladies, wear all the make up and cosmetics your heart desires, during the HCG diet!
2. 500 calories. We know this one is super controversial, and is seen by some as the most “religious” aspect of the HCG protocol, but the fact is that the 500 calorie diet simply doesn’t contain enough protein! That’s why we developed a 800 and 1200 calorie version, and believe it or not, you’ll lose just as much weight on them as you would on 500. Why? Because by keeping your muscle mass up, your bodies natural ability to burn fat remains higher than if you did the original protocol. And check out how Sam Katoa lost 50 pounds, on our 1200 calorie diet (and even cheated a little, gasp!)
3. Injections. Back when he created the HCG protocol, he only used injections. Of course, since then, more convenient forms of product have been invented, from pellets to sprays to drops. The most popular by far nowadays are the drops, which outsell injections by a long shot in today’s market.
So the good news, here, of course is that no longer do you need to “shoot up” to do this.
4. Hormone Imbalances. Way back then the word “hormone imbalance” didn’t really exist. Today, every woman is intimately familiar with what it means, and wants to avoid it. Happily, the new HCG drops available today are formulated to not cause hormone imbalances, so Voila! The drops solve two major problems, no lousy shots, and no hormone imbalances!
5. Dr. Simeons original protocol did not indicate restrictions as what to eat during the loading phase. As a matter of fact, it originally consisted of a bunch of junk food, frankly. But it is best for dieters to still do the fat load using healthy foods, or healthy fats particularly. It is wise to avoid junk food, processed, and unhealthy fats altogether.
So, there you have it, 5 things that just weren’t quite right 50 years ago, but now all is well in the world, and people can lose 1-2 pounds a day with the original protocol, improved, simplified, and less “expensified,” by adding these improvements to their HCG diet experience.